Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Granddaddy!

Today is my granddaddy's birthday. He is turning 79!!! He doesn't read my blog but I really love my grandaddy so I thought I would wish a happy birthday in the blog world. This is a sad birthday for him because he is a twin and he lost his brother last year 6 days before their birthday.

He was VERY close to him. It was very neat to see 2 brothers so close. They spoke to each other EVERYDAY at 5:00. I am not kidding. EVERYDAY the phone would either ring at granddaddy's or Uncle Bubbie's house (That's what we called him) and it would be the other brother! SO neat. What made it even cooler that they were twins was that they had an older brother that died when he was 6 months old and then their mother got pregnant with twins! Can you imagine back then, they had no idea you were even having twins. When she was in labor my grandaddy came out and then the doctor said here comes another one and she said "no there's not! And then Uncle Bubbie was born!!! (TRUE STORY) Then the doctor named the second one after himself!! haha! Old days! Gotta love it!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDADDY!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sweet story, Heather! The crazy thing is that I just heard one exactly like it about a girl I work with and her sister. They were born in '81 or '82 and they had no idea she was a twin until her mom had the first one! Her mom said the same thing, "No, there is NOT another baby!" She broke down and wouldn't even push for the second one. Haha - can't say I blame her....that would be quite the shock!