Sunday, September 7, 2008

Really enjoying the time in Bama

So I have really began enjoying my time back here in Bama. It was a hard move to make but the Lord has really honored us being here. I have been able to see old friends that I haven't seen in years.

I went o Birmingham this past weekend and visited with a dear friend that I haven't seen since her oldest boy (Jackson) was a week old. He is now and 6 years old and she has a total of 5 BOYS now including 8 week old twins!!! Mandy Maddox Smith and I went to UNA together and she and I were in sorority together and her husband and Brian were fraternity brothers. I got to visit with her on Friday. She is unbelievable!! Her boys are 6,4,2 and 8 week old twins and she HOME SCHOOLS!!! YOU are my hero Mandy!!! :)
It was fun times. Here is a pick with us and our boys minus her 2 year old, he was napping :(


Holding one of the twins, I can't remember which one.


My reason for going to Bham was to attend a shower for my dear friend, Christy. She and I lived together before Brian and I got married. She was in law school with Brian and we had a BLAST living together. I am so happy that she is getting married. Chris is a lucky man!!! It was so fun to see her and spend time with her. She actually came over Saturday afternoon before the shower so that she could meet Jagger. He and I were staying with Brian's aunt. Christy and I just sat and talked and caught up. It was so great to be with her again after so many years of not seeing each other. I can't wait for her wedding. I know that it is going to be so precious!!!

Aunt Christy and Jagg

Christy and her hilarious head gear!!! :)

2 comments:

The Muncies said...

I HATE I missed this!!!!!!! We had my grandmother's 70th bday this past weekend. There is no one I'd love to celebrate more than that sweet Christy! :)

Christy said...

this is late but thank you so much for coming! i had a blast saturday hanging out with Jagger-man and "parteh-ing" at the shower. i'm so glad you could be there!
Holly- you were missed but i totally understand! i hope to see you soon!
love y'all both, christy