Monday, March 30, 2009

The Richardson's are going green....

Well maybe not as green as others BUT I am definitely going go to start leaning towards "green" things. I had a huge revelation today. Long story so here we go. Last night I was watching a show on Discovery Health called "Mystery Diagnosis". It was about a little boy that was progressing and doing well until about 18 months. He began to loose the ability to walk and talk. He eventually was put in a wheelchair and is not expected to live long. The kicker was they had NO idea what was wrong with him. After a few years of tests and scans they finally figured out what it was (I can't remember the details) but they thought that the cause was something that he inhaled or ingested.
Ok fast forward to today. Jagger and I were on our way home from Publix (where we got the prize pictured below) and I had given Jagger my other set of keys to keep him happy and he was chewing on them. I thought to myself how gross and "ew that has to taste bad" then it hit me. There is no telling what is on those keys. I am usually pretty laid back about him putting things in his mouth. I always think well I know that my parents weren't over protected like that and I turned out ok (well...... kind of ok, you get the point). Then it hit me things weren't as polluted and were just different those days. We have done this to this planet. You see where I am going with this.
SO, today I proclaim that I am going to strive to be a little bit greener, if you will! I may not go ALL out like my best buddy next door BUT I will certainly make an effort! So there!

I plan on getting a few more of these little jewels! I actually got it free. I really had been wanting one for while.
PS I am going to make Banana bread with those ripe bananas!

2 comments:

John and Amanda said...

I love my "green" bags! They have a long strap so I can carry the groceries in on my shoulders instad of cutting the circulation out of my hands trying to carry the little plastic things.... unfortunately they got left out and were put in to our storage in Korea... :( I'll get them back one day...

erin said...

Good for you!

And, btw, you know who would love a piece of that banana bread...